In November of 2012, I made a post about the Traveller supplements 76 Patrons. It inspired me to do a number of posts with twelve variations. I chose twelve rather than, say, six or ten, because a) it pushes me to come up with creative alternatives and b) it works handily with the Variation Die in Blade & Crown.
Since that time, I’ve written twelve such posts. Time for a round-up!
- Item: A Reliquary. Strange old bones, holy relics or something else?
- Making Sages Work. 12 ways to make sages make sense.
- Classification Scheme for Objects Found in Zone 6N. 123 objects to find in the Zone.
- Item: An Amphora. Why would someone put runes and a mud stopper on such a mundane vessel?
- Places: A Forest Mound. A strange mound deep in the forest.
- How to Invoke That Item?. Different ways to make an enchanted item work.
- Items: Random Provenance. History makes for interesting tales.
- Item: A Castle-tipped Staff. A strange artifact with some interesting possibilities.
- Item: A Warhammer. A rare and deadly armament.
- Festivals in Gaming. Adventurous possibilities when festival time draws near.
- Places: The Sapphire Dome. A beautiful and dangerous place.
- Encounters: The Tea-Seller. He brews the best tea around.
And here’s a bonus, which includes twelve different possible denouements:
- Adventure Seed: Tenement Defense. How will you defend your home against marauding foes?